Hello from Bali! Great day to tell you about experience during holiday in Bali. Bali offers amazing panorama or amazing view, If talking about Bali is the island of thousand temples and the beautiful scenery nature and also the friendly people. Bali has unique thing can we explain when holiday in Bali especially in traditional village. Bali village and the unique tradition is the favorite thing by the tourist. Bali is also famous by handicraft and the souvenir Bali also has many delicious and savory traditional foods and today i will tell you about one of balinese traditional food which is Bagiak. Well, here it is !
Bagiak is one of traditional food in bali, this light snack is very delicious and a bit crunchy. This snack is very suitable when you having tea or coffee in the afternoon. well, you must be wondering what is Bagiak and how you make bagiak. Bagiak usually bought for souvenir and you can find this snack in many store in Bali. Bagiak taste sweet but not too strong and have a crunchy texture. Bagiak was made from flour that mixed with other ingridient.
You can also make bagiak in home. Here is the recipe :
- 175 g sago flour
- 50 g arrowut flour
- 20 g milk powder
- 150 g grated coconut
- 75 g Sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g margarine
- 1/4 tea spoon of vanili powder
- 1 spoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 spoon of water
- mix grated coconut with sugar, mix well and blend until a bit oily
- mix sago flour , arrowut flour, milk powder , coconut batter, egg , margarine , vanilla powder, a pinch of salt, cinnamon powder and water. Mix throughly
- roll the batter around 5cm. Put in tray without greasing oil
- bake for 40 minute with temperature 150 celcius until dry.